Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is BlockDown Festival: Croatia?
The world’s first NFT-enabled web3 festival and the first in-person event brought to you by BlockDown Conference. Spanning 3 days, there will be a mixture of exciting talks, keynotes, panels and crypto content with an array of thrilling activities and experiences, set in the beautiful Balkan backdrop of the Dalmatian Coast.
2. What about covid travel restrictions?
Entry requirements will be in alignment with the local guidance/laws provided by the Croatian authorities which can be viewed here. Please check the entry requirements to Croatia from your origin country for further details. If you need support in doing so, please reach out to our team at email@example.com
As of 1 May, Croatia has dropped all Covid-related border restrictions.
3. How do I get to BlockDown Festival: Croatia?
The event is taking place in the city of Sibenik, at the Amadria Park Resort.
The closest airports are in Split (50km from Šibenik) and Zadar (70km from Šibenik). Flights from major international European airports generally take only between 1.5-2 hours.
The town of Šibenik has an extremely strategic traffic position. It can be reached from the scenic A1 motorway (3-3.5 hours from the Croatian capital of Zagreb) or from the Adriatic Highway – D8, the main Croatian coastal road running from Rijeka (around 4 hours) in the northwest to Dubrovnik in the southeast.
The city is also well connected by bus to other parts of Croatia as well as to surrounding countries and Central Europe.
4. Where should I stay?
We are very excited to share that the Hotel Ivan at Amadria Park is the official BlockDown hotel. As these rooms will be snapped up in no time, we highly suggest booking your accommodation here so you don’t miss out on any of the exclusive escapades we have in store for you! Click here to book!
5. Is there a cancellation policy?
Regarding your accommodation at Amadria Park, the cancellation policy is as follows:
14 – 7 DAYS PRIOR TO ARRIVAL – 50% of the entire announced amount
6 – 1 PRIOR TO ARRIVAL – 75% of the entire announced amount
NO SHOW 100% of the entire amount is due
6. Are the tickets NFTs?
Yes, they are! And as an NFT-enabled Web3 festival, there will be many other NFT elements within our event.
7. Who is speaking at BlockDown Festival: Croatia?
We’ll be announcing all our speakers on our social media channels, and of course right here on our website!
8. How do I get my ticket?
Buy your ticket to BlockDown Festival here! We also highly recommend booking your accommodation as there are only a limited number of rooms available.
9. I've bought my ticket, how do I book my accommodation?
To secure your accommodation at the official BlockDown Hotel – Hotel Ivan, Amadria Park, click here to enjoy your festival rate! For any communication with the hotel or to book over the phone use code BLOCKCHAIN22.
10. How can I keep updated with what’s happening after I’ve bought a ticket?
11. What costs do I need to cover?
Including your chosen ticket tier, you’ll also pay for your transport to and from the event along with your accommodation and meals excluding breakfast, which is included in your room rate.
12. Do I need to be vaccinated to attend the event?
Entry requirements will be in alignment with the local guidance/laws provided by the Croatian authorities.
13. What kind of content can I expect to see at BlockDown Festival: Croatia?
You can expect anything from keynote speakers to intimate dinners and gatherings with some of your favourite names in crypto. The main topics we’ll be covering are NFTs, Gaming, Defi, Web3, the Metaverse and Venture Capital.
14. Will the event be live-streamed?
Yes, we will be live-streaming keynote and stage content, but we highly recommend attending in person so you can experience the full immersion we are offering.
15. Will there be any side events running during the festival?
Yes, details of these will be announced nearer the time. If you would like to run your own satellite event, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
16. How can I discuss becoming a sponsor?
Please email email@example.com and one of our team will share further details with you.
17. How can I request media passes?
Please email our team at firstname.lastname@example.org sharing your name, the name of your media outlet and website link, and how many press passes you would like.
18. How can I get involved as a volunteer?
We are excited to announce that we will be running a volunteer program – details will be available very soon. But in the meantime, join our Discord and introduce yourself.
19. Will there be childcare options available?
At the resort, there is a children’s club available for those aged 3-11, which is free for hotel guests. The daily activities include:
- Breakfast with a mascot from 8-8:30am, 8:30-9am (Hotel Andrija & Hotel Jakov)
- Mini club at Hotel Andrija from 10am-12pm, 4-6pm
- Pirate mini-golf tournament (additional fee) from 3-4pm
- Dinner with a mascot from 6:30-7pm, 7-7:30pm (Hotel Andrija & Hotel Jakov)
- Kids’ mini disco at Hotel Andrija from 7-8pm
Additionally, nannies can be arranged (for children of hotel guests only) costing €33.35 per hour, per child. Please contact your hotel directly to arrange this.
20. I have another question about the festival
Please email email@example.com and one of our team will be happy to assist.